Friday, September 02, 2005

Chroma


This is a section of a painting I did when I was about 21. A portrait of a starlet of unconventional beauty, who in time became quite famous.

While probably not the best thing I’ve ever done, it’s one of my favorites. It represents much more than the woman I captured. It represents a time in my life when I was discovering who I was and what was important. A time when I was unbridled, unbroken. I became unafraid in my painting as I was becoming in my life, expressing what I was feeling in my heart passionately with fiery-bright liquid inks and bold rich juxtaposed strokes in contrasting colored pencil.

So much has changed. I don’t know if I could ever paint like this again.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, this is probably the first work of yours that I've seen. I like it.

But like you, time has gotten away from me and I don't know if I can create at the level I was several years ago.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed!fixomhng

Emit-Flesti said...

Probably you won't. But that's exactly the point. Believe me, you're gonna paint a lot better -you're gifted, that's not into any discussion- but the experiences you've traveled are going to be the material from wich you may get some of the NEW bright colors of your canvas. And that is a fact. Just give it a shot.

P.D.
As you might remember getting into that outfit again is going to be hard one. Hard work is the only solution to get those abilities into accuracy again. Don't panic, don't anger, just use those feelings to start all over again.
:)

Bougie Black Boy said...

your painting is AMAZING! i'm overly envious

stacief said...

Love it! Would love to see you paint again. You are so talented!