Monday, October 10, 2005

URGH!!!

This weekend, it arrived - and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

Yes, it was very chilly. The sky was slate gray and the air smelled of oncoming winter. The thermometer didn’t even get above the low 50’s. But that’s not what I’m talking about.

The hub spent the day winterizing the boat, which is always symbolically the nail in the coffin of summer. But that’s not it either.

What I’m talking about is that itching in the eyes that makes you want to claw them out. Then the rib-busting sneezing fits. Then the feeling that your brain vacated your skull in order to make room for all the snot. The body aches and shivers, even though you’ve put two layers of sweats on. And the insufferable scratchy heat all over the underside of your face.

My first cold of the season. Curses!

My downward spiral commenced all day, and by the time I got Incrediboy in bed at 8, I was ready to die. My eyes were so puffy I looked like I’d been in a fight. The Hub announced that I looked like hell and should go to bed.

So I did.

Know what the worst part is? I can’t even take anything because I’m on these ultra-powerful antibiotics for a separate problem with a tooth, so I’m not supposed to take any cold medicine – so no relief for me.

Somebody kill me, please.

Actually that’s the second worst part. The worst part is I fell asleep before 9 and missed Breaking Bonaduce. CURSES!!!

Did anybody tape it? Can I come over? I’ll wear my breathing mask …

7 comments:

Bainwen Gilrana said...

Awww, poor Clew! I hope you feel better soon.

Drink lots of orange juice!

Martie said...

You poor thing...I didn't tape it, but you can come over anyway (with or without your breathing mask) and I will let you lounge around in comfy clothes on the couch while I play "mother hen" and make you drink lots of liquids and eat chicken noodle soup! I'll rent "Big Fish" for you. No wait, I already have it in the house, rented it Sat. night, just haven't had the chance to watch it yet. It came reommended by a good friend of mine! ;)

Michelle said...

Colds are the worst, especially when you are a mom. I had one last weekend.

In the future, when you have to be on antibiotics, you need to take a tablet of Acidopholis a day. Antibiotics kill the good bacteria as well as the bad, making room for more infections.

Not saying that this cold would have been prevented, just providing a public service. ;)

If you don't like taking pills, eat some yogurt. It has natural bacteria in it that replaces some of what the antibiotics kill.

Feel better soon!

Rebecca said...

Feel better Clew!!!

And damnit - I missed Breaking Bonaduce too!!!!!! I think he goes over the edge in this one too. I think I remember that they show an encore performance, either tonight or Tuesday night. I'll check online and find it for you...

Twisted Cinderella said...

Oh you poor thing! To bed with you right now, with lemon tea and chicken noodle soup!

Cheryl said...

Awww man! I know that feeling. Theraflu is the only thing that works for me, but I can't take it anymore because I have high blood pressure. So I just suffer. Take TC's advice & feel better!

Lori said...

I hope you are on the mend. Aren't colds the worst? You're not really "sick" and yet....you're really SICK! (You know what I mean!)

If you lived closer I'd have babysat for your little guy and brought you some soup.

I haven't watched that show but have heard lots about it so am thinking maybe I better check it out.

Hope you're on the mend! HUGS (though spraying Lysol all the while! ;-)