I have come to a point where I find my posts quite uninspired more often than not. Therefore I have decided to compile a *NEW* 100 List. Maybe it will inspire and refresh my muses. Additionally, I hope it will entertain the regular visitor as well as the occasional passer-by at least a little bit.
As always, thank you for allowing me to bore you with my pointless blabble.
THE NEW 100 THINGS ABOUT ME
1. I'm suddenly in my - um, late mid-30's - and there's yet another birthday right around the corner.
2. Sometimes I forget I'm as old as I am.
3. Most of the people in my family have lived to be 90 and even older.
4. Statistically then, I'm nowhere near middle age. Whee!
5. Sure, we could all die tomorrow. But I like those statistics.
6. I live in exhausted delirium with 3 gorgeous men.
7. Husband, son, and dog - you perverts. ;)
8. I love boxing and strong man competitions.
9. I have a paralyzing fear of heights.
10. Also cockroaches.
11. Luckily, I rarely find myself having to deal with either one.
12. I didn't get my driver's license till I was 25.
13. I couldn't afford a car back then, so it didn't matter to me if I had a license or not.
14. If I have a sandwich that's cut diagonally, I'll always eat the round side first.
15. If the sandwich is whole, I'll always eat the round side last.
16. A lot of things I do make no real sense.
17. I used to run a political and theological website (before the word "blog" came around).
18. Being that I've been-there-done-that, I try to generally cover other things in this blog.
19. I have a silly dream of being a published writer.
20. That's one of the main reasons I started this blog, to find my voice and some kind of direction with that.
21. I don't know if I've made any progress with that.
22. I'm enjoying the experience nonetheless. I've run across a lot of fun and brilliant people and have benefitted greatly from this self-prescribed therapy.
23. I appreciate everyone who visits and comments. You'll all be remembered in my will. Seriously.
24. I am a born again Christian. :)
25. I am not a model born again Christian. :(
26. I'm trying to be better.
27. I swear. A lot sometimes.
28. I try not to swear on my blog.
29. I'm trying not to swear in general.
30. I have a propensity to count things and make them "even".
31. I'm a self-diagnosed obsessive compulsive.
32. My mind is constantly chewing on something. Very little downtime up there. Kind of maddening at times.
33. I don't get flu shots.
34. I can't take codeine. It gives me the sweaty shakes, and then I heave myself inside out.
35. Same with Vicoden, but worse.
36. The Hub suggested once that it's God's way of protecting me from an addiction.
37. Maybe so. God's pretty wise!
38. Brad Pitt? I don't get it. He just doesn't do a thing for me.
39. I like beer and I like pizza, but I don't like beer with pizza.
40. I still bite my nails. I've never been able to break the habit.
41. Well, I did quit biting my nails for a while, but then I quit smoking. And started biting again.
42. Better to bite your nails than smoke I guess.
43. I've never really wanted to be an actor or a model.
44. I did want to be a rock star.
45. I got over it.
46. I cry in movies.
47. I cry in movies that you wouldn't really think of as a cryer.
48. I'm kind of a sap.
49. I'm fascinated by serial killers. I want to know what makes them so sociopathic and so wrongly wired.
50. That doesn't mean I'm a bleedingheart. I'd throw the switch myself if they'd let me.
51. I know some might say that's not very Christian of me. Oh well. Refer to # 25.
52. I'm a member of the NRA.
53. I'm a damn good shot.
54. I have a very strange sense of humor.
55. I like the way vitamins taste.
56. I love to scrapbook.
57. I used to think scrapbooking was lame.
58. I got into scrapbooking totally by accident. I was just trying to make a cool photo album for a cruise we took. The rest is expensive but well spent history.
59. I love pen palling.
60. Lots of my letter writing is via email now, but I still have a handful of friends I write long snail mails with, just because we like it the old fashioned way.
61. One of my best girlfriends died of cancer almost 8 months ago.
62. My heart still breaks every day for missing her so.
63. I was blessed to know her - I'd rather have to suffer losing her than to have never known her.
64. I think everyone should remember how much good friends mean.
65. Regrets? Sure. Would I change anything? Probably not.
66. I have recurring dreams.
67. Most often I dream about tornadoes.
68. I am fascinated by those shows they have about stormchasers. I don't know which fuels which or if they're even directly connected.
69. If I can, I'll always watch a show about forensic investigation. Particularly documentaries.
70. I love trivia. I am a bank of useless information.
71. I would love to be on Jeopardy.
72. I haven't read fiction in ages.
73. I'm related to someone famous.
74. I won't eat anything with a face still on it. It's got to just look like meat, not like the animal it came from. (No that doesn't include gingerbread men and stuff like that, so hush up smartypantses out there)
75. I love the feeling I have after an intense workout. It feels like I just got a massage.
76. Chickens crack me up. I don't know why but they do.
77. I don't get chess. I've tried to learn, but I guess I'm too dumb.
78. My current profession has nothing to do with what I got my degree in.
79. I make more money in my current profession than I ever did in what I went to college for. Some say that makes me a sellout, but I'm not into the idea of living poor if I don't have to.
80. I love boating and being around the water.
81. I'm pretty miserable in the winter.
82. Our dog sleeps in our bed, but our son never has.
83. Our dog is spoiled rotten.
84. Our dog is so beautiful and such an absolute sweetie, you'd spoil him rotten too.
85. My husband is my hero. He can do just about anything. He's brilliant in ways I never could be.
86. A girlfriend of mine and I often say very strange things to each other in public. The Husband and I do this sometimes too.
87. We just like to freak people out.
88. I'm quite ornery at times. >;)
89. My best friend pointed out to me one time that puppy paws smell like Frito's.
90. She was right! Next time you have the chance to smell a dog's paws, check it out.
91. When I get a new CD, I listen to it about a hundred million times in a row before I listen to anything else.
92. Due to this compulsion, I can never remember what's been played on the radio and what's just familiar to me because I listened to the CD about a hundred million times in a row.
93. I misspell "and" all the time when I type. My fingers always want to type "adn".
94. Despite that fact, I went to the citywide spelling bee championship when I was in 6th grade.
95. I lost on the word "persevere".
96. I know how to spell it now, but still have to check on the spelling any time I use that word. Flashbacks, I guess.
97. I love anything fortean. Bigfoot, Loch Ness, Chupacabra, Springheel Jack, you name it. I just love the notion of things unknown.
98. Starting this blog has been one of the most fun things I've ever done for myself.
99. Also one of the most painful.
100. Even when life is bad, Life is good.
Happy weekend, everyone!