Tuesday, February 14, 2006

My Valentine

My husband hand-delivered a big bouquet of rainbow roses to me today. White, peach, coral, yellow, fuchsia, and cream with pink tips. They’re lovely, and I’m so proud to display them at my desk. The ladies I work with swoon over what a romantic he is, and the guys jestingly razz him, telling him to stop making them look bad.

February is a very busy month in our lives, and Valentine’s Day is a day we’ve always mutually agreed to downplay. But my dear husband always does something to make me feel special. It’s the kind of guy he is.

I’m not the wife I could be or even should be for him. In the busy-ness of our lives I sometimes forget to be romantic. I feel bad about this habit, and am trying to change. He doesn’t know how much he means to me, and that’s my fault.

So on this day, dear Hub, I just want to say I love you. I always have, I always will. Thank you for being my protector and my hero. Thank you for making me feel special, even when I’m not. There will never be another you. There will never be another us. There will never be another, period.

Happy Valentine’s Day.

13 comments:

Rebecca said...

They're beautiful.... and clearly - so is your relationship.

Enjoy, and cherish. :)

Happy Valentine's Day Clew...

xoxo
:)

Bainwen Gilrana said...

Awww! *sniffle*

Not this time said...

There will never be another period? You are both very lucky. :)
I kid... those are very pretty roses... and very pretty sentiments.
Happy Valentine's Day!

clew said...

ha ha, i KNEW someone was going to say that! :) That'd be nice! :D

Michelle said...

Beautiful flowers. What a romantic, that goof is.

Is this your show and tell for today?

Martie said...

Very beautiful roses.....but no more than you deserve....really! Mine is taking me out to dinner....his idea not mine. Hooray!!

Theresa said...

How wonderful! I'm sure he knows exactly what kind of treasure he has with you.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

The last time I got flowers...Oh! It has been a looong time! LOL I'm beginning to feel old. LOL Anyway, I miss my bird. I would usually buy him a Valentine's treat. I miss that bird. He's in heaven. I can still wish him a Happy Valentine's Day. Sweet post. Thanks for sharing the picture!

Bougie Black Boy said...

Happy valentines!! wishing all of y'all ladies on here the best!

Lori said...

This is precious, clew. Flowers here, too, though my hubby is away at a conference tonight. :-(

I'm definitely a sucker for romance. Ah...

Nelly said...

Beautiful!

bigwhitehat said...

He makes you feel special because you are. I tip the big white to your husband. And I don't mind if you tell him that.

Cheryl said...

Happy Valentine's Day! How nice of your guy to buy you gorgeous roses. Even if you downplay the day, it must be so nice to feel loved!