Sunday, April 03, 2011

Currents (A/Z)

For the A to Z Challenge - Letter C.

Inspired by another blogger, I thought I'd jot a haiku cluster for my A to Z Challenge today. I wrote this in the car while Incrediboy was at a birthday party, so don't expect much ;).

Currents running on
Perpetual, as clockwork
Obliviously

Slide in, then suck out -
Or is it down? Leeching to
Some otherworld place

Currents running on
Indifferent to this place
As any other

I imagine, hard,
Body evaporating
My soul running down

Now part of the sea
Flesh, memories, burdens, life
All left behind me.

5 comments:

Ann said...

am reading along, though not always commenting. love the a to z!

Stacy said...

Even in a haiku you manage to say a lot. I love what goes on in your head. :)

Tara Tyler said...

very nice poem. happy c day!

Snakesmom said...

I love the part "My soul running down". I am not sure why that particular part captured me so much, but it did. What a great "C" post!

India Drummond said...

I love the feeling of motion in this poem. Lovely.