Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Roadkill Head

I think that a very large utility truck ran over my head while I was sleeping last night.

Either that, or I've developed a sinus infection.

I've been battling feeling crummy for several weeks now, and yesterday started producing thick gunky brown snot out of the right side of my nose (sorry, TMI.) I woke up this morning with nearly the entire right side of my face, from above my eyebrow to the roots of my top teeth, absolutely throbbing. I'm plugged up, but the added pressure of trying to blow my nose makes me quite certain the whole right side of my head will blow apart if I push too hard.

Sucks to be me.

BUT! I don't care. Because one of my bestest friends, Chesneygirl, will just so happen to be in my area tonight for a work training thing tomorrow. We've been planning to meet for a late dinner and for her to meet my boys - and we only get to see each other a couple times a year, so as long as I can get up and move, I'll be chillin' with my coolie in a matter of hours now. YESSS!

I know what you're thinking. I'm extremely selfish and inconsiderate to expose my dear friend to my germs. But she told me she didn't care. And who am I to go against her wishes?

0:)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, shoot ... she can walk into Wal Mart and be exposed to more germs than she'll find under the fingernail of your little pinky finger!!! Go, HAVE FUN!!!

Jody said...

Allergies suck! I've been feeling like a snot factory myself lately! Even on 30 mg of Sudafed (regular dose is 10 mg). It's worth a shot though. And don't worry, sinus infections aren't contagious. Ditto what ame said "Go, HAVE FUN!!!"

Anonymous said...

Hope you get to feeling better, buddy and tell CG I said Hey!

Ya'll have fun!

Anonymous said...

(((((Clew))))) - Hope you feel better soon. Enjoy your friend and dinner.

Nelly said...

JEALOUS!

River Rat said...

Hey Girlie! Hope you get to feelin' better! I just hope I can get around to posting something soon - blogger's block sucks!

Martie said...

Hey, go and have a good time. And Ches gets exposed to more than that if her boy is in day care/pre-school. Besides, I caught what you have just through your e-mail! LOL OK, NOT, but have a blast and tell her I said 'hey'! love ya!

chesneygirl said...

I had a wonderful time!!!
And I am so glad I was able to meet your family! Your boys are sweet. :)

It is always so great to see you!!! ...but as usual, never long enough :(

I think maybe I might have to tell my boss I "need" more training, whaddya think? ;)

LOVE YOU TONS!!!

Anonymous said...

I think I got what you got! It's always a great thing to get together with old friends...they never care if you infect them ;)

Spin_Doc1 said...

Wow I am glad you are back, but not super excited about the sickness.