Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Scenes from a Car

After many lovely sunny autumn days, today brought a tranquilizing pattering rain. Incrediboy and I were on our usual morning commute to preschool and work, and I was thinking quietly to myself how unusually drawn out the journey seemed this particular morning.

Incrediboy must have been thinking the same thing.

"Momma?"
"Yes?"
"It sure is taking a long time to do our drive today."
"Yeah, I was noticing that too."

He was quiet for a brief moment, and then concluded matter-of-factly,
"They must have built more road last night."

I love his little mind. :)

2 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Kids’ minds are amazing. Check my post later on today and I'll have some examples of kids’ thoughts on the ocean.

Anonymous said...

How cute! I love how a kid's mind works. I'm keeping a journal of sayings from my lil' boy, but I wish I could've remembered to write them all down.