It’s going to be April in just a little over a week. Crikey! A fourth of the year gone already!
I was thinking that I should perform a review of my progress with my New Year’s
Resolutions (ahem) Adherences. Some of you may remember that I posted my list in an attempt of accountability. In hindsight, not one of my brighter moves. LOL. I say this because I am slightly displeased with my review - but will be brutally honest in disclosing my conclusions. Might as well go for broke with the accountability thing - and besides, it's no big secret what a loser I am anyway. ;)
So, if you care, here’s the ugly truth:
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
CLEW'S 2006 ADHERENCES: A Self-Inflicted Quarterly Review
- Now that the holidays are over, I'm going to return to healthy eating… I've been feeling like total crap for the last few months with all the heavy foods and dessert breads and chocolates and way too much social eating.
Okay, I’m good here. Sort of. I’m being much more conscious of what I’m eating. I still eat plenty of things I shouldn’t, but have made great strides. All in all I’m feeling better due to this alteration in my lifestyle though, so I’ll give myself a 7 out of 10 stars here.
- I'm going to get back to my workouts. … I'll probably never look as good as I used to after having my puppy but I'm sure as heck done with feeling jiggly.
This I’ve done pretty well with fulfilling. With the exception of a few pauses due to illnesses, I have worked out at least once and usually several times a week almost every week. My strength, tone and balance have been returning and the jigglies have greatly diminished. Yay for me! I give myself 8 out of 10 stars here.
- I'm going to get back to my scrapbooking regularly.
I have sucked here. Except for my big weekend with Naïve, I haven’t gotten anything done. I need to get back into this, not only for fun and therapy but for preservation of our lives. With each day, details fade. I need to capture them before they leave for good. Meanwhile, I flog myself with 2 out of 10 stars on this one.
- I'm going to watch less TV. I watch way too much TV during my me-time for all this other stuff I want to be doing.
I’m still watching too much TV. But I have been able to pull myself away from a bit of it. I’ll submit 6 out of 10 stars for myself on the TV thing.
- I'm going to write more frequently in Incrediboy's Journal... There are too many things to capture for him to be writing so infrequently.
By far the worst one. I literally haven’t written in Incrediboy’s Journal since New Year’s Eve. New Year’s Eve! Could I be more opposite of a
Resolution (ahem) Adherence than I am with this one? I’m not only ashamed of myself here, but pretty angry as well. It’s been a very exciting year of leaps and bounds in Incrediboy’s blossoming personality and discovery of the world, and I’m letting it go uncaptured in his books. 0 out of 10 stars.
- I'm going to take the boy (and myself) back to church... We are a Christian home but now that he's older we owe it to him to raise him with a church family too.
Correction: THIS is the worst one. We STILL haven’t been to church and I seriously feel horrible for that. I’m glad the Lord is merciful and forgiving. I’m going to go kick the crap out of my own self when I finish this post. 0 out of 10 stars.
- Some other nunya-stuff that I'm not going to list here.
So-so on the nunya items. And they're still nunya so stop asking. 5 out of 10 stars.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Looks like all in all I am averaging 4 out of 10 stars. ABYSMAL! I’m thoroughly disgusted with myself right now. But, I’m glad I’ve walked through this – as I know now what I need to focus on to continue with my self-demanded improvements for the year.
I better get to work – As you can see, I have a lot of catching up to do.