Monday, February 09, 2009

Blessings

I have been feeling pretty blue today. Normally I feel I'm a fairly decent person, but sometimes the fact that people I once loved and trusted have turned on me, and the occasional brutal reminder of character flaws make me seriously doubt that self-perception. For whatever reason, today has been one of those days.

Luckily, my dear friend Donna woke up today with the burden on her heart to email me a devotion she received. It was so poignant, and made me realized I am so blessed with plenty of friends who do care - and that I am wonderfully made and devinely inspired, flaws and all.

An excerpt (name replaced by me):


I can just picture my loving Lord several decades ago thinking to Himself, Hmmm...the 1970's are quickly approaching. It’s time to create Clew. I'm going to make her tender-hearted and full of compassion. I know she'll have a leaning toward laziness and inconsistency, but I'll give her victory over that when she's ready. I want to use her to point people to me and to the power of prayer. I want her to be there to lift up the downcast and point the defeated to triumph through My power!

If you are feeling less-than-precious today, pray these words based on Psalm 139:13-14 out loud, and take comfort as you their truth them into your heart and soul:God, You created my innermost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I’ll praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. The works of Your hands – including me – are wonderful, help me know that full well.

2 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Well let it be known that I love you just the way you are. Except for your faults; I don’t care much for them. Or your looks…or your attitude…or that you don’t blog often. Other than that, I love you to death.

Anonymous said...

I wondered...it seems you've been "quiet" lately. That is one of my favorite passages in the Bible. How can you not feel better knowing God put that much thought into who you are.

And just let me say, that while you're a new friend and I haven't had the joy of meeting you in person...I like you the way you are, too!