Saturday, April 16, 2011

LMNO Puppies (A/Z)



"ABCD puppies?"
"LMNO puppies."
"OSAR puppies, CMPN?"

-- childhood play-with-letters joke



Does anyone remember this? The rough translation is 'Hey, Bee, see da puppies?' 'Hell, them ain't no puppies.' 'Oh yes they are puppies, see 'em peein'?' It was so naughtily funny to tell a joke about pee (not to mention the implied bad word) in grade school.

The above joke is totally unrelated to anything at all, and I fully admit this is cheating by the rules of the A to Z Challenge, using 4 letters in one post ... but some emergencies have come up in my life and I need to consolidate just this once. I'll try to get back on track as soon as possible.

7 comments:

Jeff Beesler said...

The A-Z Challenge does make allowances for real life emergencies. Hope you can finish the challenge. It's a pleasure to meet you!

Anonymous said...

I think I cracked the code. I was also told this little poem as a kid. After doing some crazy research based on my geography and also astrology, you will notice that recently we had a lunar eclipse with the large and small canis constellation in the sky....The little puppy pees out of it's mouth (like a dragon)...they are not puppies, they are constellations....Furthermore, if you are into geography and looking satellite imagery, you will notice something very particular about Wanapitae Lake...there are two puppies, actually wolves. one is the lake itself, which is formed by a meteor, one of the largest in the world, probably one of the oldest too....that one would be the large puppy, it is also peeing from it's mouth. if you look up halfway up the lake on the left side, you will also notice a dried up lake that is also a wolf head....Take a look for yourself...

sugimon said...

LOL, I heard this joke on the radio once. I love telling it. I use it in my English classes periodically and of course, no one laughs.

Unknown said...

lol
I regress

Anonymous said...

My mother told me this when I was a boy. I was now trying to remember it when I googled it and your site came up. The only difference that I recall is that the AB isn't "Hey, Bee" but rather "Abbie", a nickname for Abraham. My mom's family was from the Pennsylvania Dutch country. Abraham was a common Amish name and the joke when spoken sounds like the PA Dutch accent in English.

WigSalon.com said...

Told to me by my dad 65 years ago. But it was MNO puppies.

WigSalon.com said...

Yes. I was Jewish. Same thing. But it was mno puppies for me